Friday, February 21, 2014

Anything Goes!

This has been a long week so far, my friends.  First, my anniversary plans were put on indefinite hold by the relentless snow.  Since then, my youngest has been home sick, and I am fighting with all my might to not get what she's got.  Right now, I am listening to the wind howl outside like it was spring or something, so forget about sleep.

I finally did work in a bit of crafty time today, so I played along with the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge to make a little card to cheer my sweetie up.  This week, thank goodness, Anything Goes!


One of my must have Paper Smooches stamp sets is called Slang Gang.  I seriously had to have this one to make cards that the younger generation understands, lol.  Oooops, there I go!  ;)

I wanted to break as far away from the snow and winter themes as I could, so out came the Crystal Clear stamps and matching dies...


My cup O "Sup?" needed ice cubes, but I don't have an app for that...I mean stamp!  All this lingo these days has my brain jumbled!  Well, what is a crafty girl to do?  Well, duh!  Get out the Close to My Heart Shimmer Trim!  I love how it looks as cold, hard ice! 


Well, I suppose I digressed back to the cold of winter, so now I needed to summer it up...with this amazing cloud washi!  No clue what brand this is...but I got it at Archiver's before they closed.   This Slate and White twine from the Close to My Heart Baker's Twine Neutral Metallic Assortment has a silver thread in it that is the perfect partner for the glitter cubes.


You know how kids will ask you the same thing over and over again?  Yep--totally took that and ran with it on the inside...she will understand even if I don't, hahaha!


I hope it at least distracts her from feeling crummy right now.  Her favorite color is yellow, so I have that going for me!  Thanks for popping in to see me today, and please come back anytime!  I might be able to make something again soon, lol!  ;)









2 comments:

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!