Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Anniversary to ME! Oh, and My Hubs!

Today is my wedding anniversary, so the kids have off school.  LOL!!!  Did you believe that?  They actually are off school, but that's for President's Day, hee, hee!  ;)

Anyhow, it really is our anniversary, and let me tell you, 18 years is a pretty long time to live with someone, especially someone who leaves the toilet seat in the UP position in the middle of the night!  We have had our share of rough weather for sure, but we would not have come to the place we are today without a lot of love AND a lot of prayer.  This card pretty much says it perfectly...


I fell in love with the sentiment from this card from the second I read it, and it really does sum us up pretty well...


My man is not a sailor, but he is the Popeye to my Olive.  *giggles*

He definitely eats his spinach, so I love the manly-man theme all these elements are able to pull off together.  I used several products from Close to My Heart for this cluster, including the Durables Triangle Studs (how fitting, lol), Midtown Cork Shapes, Ariana Paper Packet, and the Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon.


I also accented the inside of this card with some other stamps from the Tommy Workshop set.  My anchor in troubled waters...Happy Anniversary, and may we come through a few less storms from here on out!  ;)


I don't want to forget to tell you that I based this card off Pattern 22 from Make it From Your Heart Volume 1.  This soft-bound book if packed full of patterns and ideas for both scrapbooking AND cardmaking with 30 patterns in all.  There are two volumes to choose from, and each one is only $7.95!  :)

You can find any of the items I used above and the offers below on my website!




1 comment:

  1. Love this, Amie! I bought this WOTG when it was available b/c I just LOVE the stamp set that was included!!!! CTMH always seems to get me that way!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!