Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tag (You're It!) Tuesday Heads to the Beach in Protest

THAT'S IT!!!  I cannot take another second of winter, so I am protesting with a beachy themed post.

*crosses arms over chest and stomps foot*

Who wants to join me in warm thoughts?  Let's go!

I created this little package for a pair of earrings my daughter and her friends are giving a classmate who is moving to Florida...and I am so jealous!  ;)


I took one of our retired paper pouches, and covered it with the retired Footloose Paper.  Yes, there is another theme her...retired people go to FL, and I used a lot of retired products because I want to go too!  ;)  (Yes, I am pouting, and if you are stuck in an endless winter like Anna, then you would too.)

Here is the tag!  This is one of my favorite shapes from the Artiste Cricut collection!  It is thankfully NOT retired, lol.  The stamp I used for the swirly outline is actually from the Artbooking Cricut Collection, though, and I just love how it fits this shape!  The To and From are found on the Holiday Tags My Acrylix.


I attached the Sunset button with a glue dot to the flap, and strung the Paradise Baker's Twine through two holes punched to the back to keep the pouch closed in a neat and tidy way.


 The Footloose Workshop on the Go My Acrylix set was perfect to complete my beachy theme.  I used the rock and roll technique to ink my stamps with the lighter color all over and then rolling the edges in the darker color before stamping...LOVE the result!  I used Creme Brulee rolled in Sunset  for the starfish and Sweet Leaf rolled in Lagoon for the seahorse.  There is a strip of Teal Shimmer Trim sparkling behind them...


Now, don't we feel better after that refreshing visual trip to the beach?  ;)

Sigh.  Spring break cannot come fast enough...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!