Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Time to Bring on the Color Dare!

I cannot believe I haven't played along yet this year, but it is TIME!  What better chance to prove that I can overcome Sorbet than with a challenge, lol!  If you have been a follower for a while here, you know I don't exactly have the warm fuzzies for the CTMH color Sorbet.  It just isn't "ME."  Well, I think the time has come to say that I can definitely use it more easily now thanks to my time spent on the DT of the Color Dare!  ;)

Here we go again, so let's do it!  The colors for this week's Color Dare are Sorbet, Blush, and Juniper.


My inspiration for this card comes from another Amy!  You can see Amy O'Neil's card on her blog, Amy's Paper Crafts HERE.


I used the same basic elements in my version of the card for a whole new look.  My sentiment is from the Big Hug My Acrylix stamp set.  The flowers and Polaroid cut are found on the Close to My Heart Artiste Cartridge.

I also used a few My Acrylix sets to make the flowers and leaves:  Buttons, Bits, and Bobs, the retired Pemberley Workshop on the Go stamp set, and Hello Blooms. Those great sequins are from Studio Calico where I will be taking a color class soon!  :)



The Blush CS flower has a bit of extra flavor since I ran it through my Big Shot  with our brand new Dot Embossing Folder.  Take a peek at this amazing new video from CTMH as Jill explains how to use our white core cardstock with your embossing folders...


I never knew that about using the grain of the paper when embossing, did you?

Anyway, I sure had a great time with Sorbet this time by playing along with my friends at the Color My Heart Color Dare.  I dare YOU to play along too!  :)

Guess what!?  Now is the perfect time to stock up on your cardstock AND try out the new embossing folders...FOR FREE!!!  That's right...when you buy two packages of our bulk solid color cardstock, you can choose a FREE embossing folder while supplies last!  Don't wait to take advantage of this offer on my website HERE!  Simply add the two packs of cardstock to your cart, and then you will be prompted to add the free embossing folder.   Happy shopping!  :)

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Color Dare challenge, Amie! We've missed you! Great card--I'm glad you're getting over your reluctance to use Sorbet. Please link up with us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, Marie! I think I am finally good with it, lol! :)

      Delete
  2. Clean, simple and beautiful. Plus I loved how you used the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Morgan! I have big plans for those embossing folders. :)

      Delete
  3. Yep...we were on the same crafting mojo wave length. Good to see you back at Color My Heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Becca! If my mojo keeps up with yours, I am doing GREAT! ;)

      Delete
  4. What a pretty card! Clean and simple, yet so fresh! I love how you used the embossing folder for the flower. Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheri! Simple is a fave of mine for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work, as always, Amie! Thanks for playing along this week! (Your Sorbet looks gorgeous.)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!