Friday, September 8, 2017

See Ya Later, Alligator

When your daughter asks if you can make a card for her bestie featuring an alligator, you say, "OF course!"  Aaaaand then you create one for her with LOTS of alligators!


This was super fun to make...even with the monotony of the masking.  I stamped to gator on a separate piece of CS and cut him out carefully along his outline.  Then I started by stamping the very front gator.  The rest were stamped after carefully masking the over lapping image with this cut-out.  You have to work your way carefully from front to back--and I could have done more layering of the crowd by cutting out more alligators to mask, but I honestly did it at the last minute so had to manage my time.

I only planned on coloring in the little guy next to the word bubble, so I knew it wouldn't take long after that...


The cute little reptile image is found on a retired set from CTMH, and the sentiment is found in the current Short and Sweet My Acrylix.  I stamped him in Memento Ink, colored him in with my Tender Pink, Vivid Green, and Leaf Green ShinHan Alcohol Ink Markers, and matted it on a piece of Willow CS.  Simple, and fun!

September Stamp of the Month
From the Heart Card Kit

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'm going to try that with the new OS set. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!